Fort can encrypt individual files and directories so they can be safely put into a cloud service or similar. Even if you just have sensitive files and data in your laptop locally, what if the laptop gets stolen? Surely you do not want criminals to be able to use the data.
- Windows Explorer integration;
- Source code availability, for auditing the code;
- Uses AES with 256 bit keys;
- Support for 4096 bit keyfiles;
- Encrypt using a passphrase, a keyfile or combination of both for extra security;
- Detects data tampering;
- Very lightweight, does not slow down your machine;
- Easy to use and easy to install;
- Optional file backup before encryption;
- Encrypt and decrypt directories as well as individual files;
- Protect against keyloggers, supports on screen keyboard;
- Encrypt files in Onedrive, Dropbox and similar services;
- Well designed FortMachine.dll cryptography library available for developers;
- Fort has it’s own file associations, double click an encrypted file to decrypt it;
- Uses only FIPS compliant cryptographic modules.
Get Fort – File encryption for Windows at 50% discount! The coupon code: FORT20
NB: Some antivirus programs might disallow Fort from working. Users can disable the antivirus, install the software, and enable it again. Please, be sure that all the programs are tested clean on http://www.virustotal before they go live.