A MUST HAVE app! With Text to Find you’ll always be able to find your phone, even if the ringer is off! All you do is have a friend or family member text you your password and your phone will start playing a distinctive sound, the ringer will turn all the way up, and you will even receive the GPS location of your phone. Don’t have anyone to text the phone for you? Don’t worry! Here is a list of 12 ways to send that Text Message: http://www.wikihow.com/Text-Message-Online
How Does it Work?
1. Download the Text To Find application on any Android device.
2. Open the application and click on set Password.
3. Set a password.
4. Lose your phone (only on accident of course).
5. Ask a friend or family member to text your password to you.
6. Listen for your phone.
1. Text To Find’s password is NOT case sensitive.
2. If you have a password set, and set a blank password, the application will deactivate.
3. If you do not find your phone within three minutes, the application will stop ringing, but your phone’s ringer will remain all the way up.
4. As always, our apps are paid versions. This means that they do not have buggy advertisement code built in that slows your phone, crashes your phone, uses your bandwidth or annoys you with ads.
5. Text To Find DOES NOT run as a service in the background and will not use up your battery or other hardware resources.
Remember that you can evaluate a paid application on Google Play for 15 minutes and if you don’t like it you can return it. So if you are in any way hesitant, give us a 15 minute test run first!
Google’s Policy on Returning Apps:
Version 1.5 adds:
Password is NOT CASE SENSITIVE. This means that it does not matter if your password is made up of lower or upper case letters. The password “MYpassCODE” will be seen the same as “MYpasscode”. The reason we have elected to make this change is to account for the default behavior of most Text Message Applications that will auto-capitalize the first letter of the first word you enter in the Text Message. This may give the appearance that the password you set up does not work. We hope this feature will make it even easier to Text and FIND your phone!
Version 1.4 adds:
Ability to use the flash as a location beacon. Say it is dark…well, now you can still find your phone.
Version 1.3 adds:
1. Our users were saying even though the sound is going off, “I still can’t find my phone…because it was in the car!” etc. So we added the ability to return Google maps GPS location to the phone that sent the text. If you lost your phone and send the text message but can not hear or see it…well the GPS location will let you know where it is.
2. Settings for you to choose how Text to Find responds when activated. We recommend that you leave all the features turned on.
Version 1.2 adds:
Text to Find now plays a distinctive sound instead of your default ringer.
Version 1.1 adds:
Deactivation button to turn off the ringer, SOS vibrate, and Flash once the phone is found.