Simple but powerful, Lumos accurately predicts the position of the sun and moon at any time, on any day, in any place. Whether you’re planning a photo shoot, a wedding, or a solar panel installation, tracking the sun and moon has never been easier!
Lumos is divided into four main modules:
• The augmented reality view harnesses the power of AR to visually project past, present, or future sun and moon positions (and moon phases!) onto your surroundings, letting you perfectly visualize your plans.
• The map view overlays the sun and moon positions for a given time and location onto a map of that location, letting you make plans from afar.
• The calendar view displays a simple list of rise/set times and moon phases throughout the year, letting you see the big picture at a glance.
• The shadow length view calculates the exact length of the shadow an object will cast on a given time and day, letting you see the result both visually and numerically.
With an eminently affordable Lumos Pro subscription, you can also:
• Search for a location by name or manually enter coordinates
• Save locations for later reference or offline use*
• Take notes on a saved location and have them readily available the next time you view it
If you subscribe:
Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal, as stated above, within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. If you cancel at least 24-hours before the end of your free trial period you will not be charged. You can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
*The map view does not currently support offline use
NOTE: The sun and moon positions calculated by Lumos are accurate to within a small fraction of a degree. However, as with any augmented-reality app, the accuracy of the projection is dependent on the underlying hardware. If you are seeing inaccurate positions, please calibrate your device’s compass and ensure that you are not near any sources of electromagnetic interference (e.g. microwaves, computers, car engines, high voltage lines). You can also use the visual calibration tool to align the projection with sun’s current position. Please feel free to contact us if you continue to have issues.